How can you prevent pressure injuries in the OR, and why is prevention important?
This webinar will be available on demand for all registrants on April 17th 7:00 AM AEST / 9:00 AM NZDT
Certificate of Attendance can be downloaded at the end of the webinar for CPD redemption.
A pressure injury in the OT is caused by a combination of pressure, patient position, time, and lack of mobility. Education is a key component to be able to decrease patient risk and prevent pressure injuries from occurring in the OT. During this webinar, Diane Kimsey will share her process improvement plans for decreasing pressure injuries in acute and ambulatory OT settings.
In the webinar, she will cover:
- Statistics on pressure injuries started in the OT
- Creating a complete team for prevention in the OT
- Prevention modalities based on OT patient position
- Prevention of OT device-related pressure injuries
- Process improvement for acute and ambulatory surgery settings
If you have further questions, you can join us for the live Q&A after the webinar.
During this webinar, Diane Kimsey will share her process improvement plans to decrease pressure injuries in the acute and ambulatory OR settings.
Diane Kimsey, MSN RN MHA CNOR CMLSO
Clinical educator at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, part of Einstein Healthcare Network in Philadelphia, PA.